The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive program and a Fully Funded Internship Scholarship for International students to do research in Canada. The top ranked applicants take part in a 12-week research internship from May to October each year, overseen by professors from Canadian universities in a range of academic fields, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is initiated for foreign students from the following nations and regions: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 1. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
2. Candidates must possess a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/program master’s enrollment at a school that is eligible (see list of eligible institutions by country)
3. Candidates must have one to three semesters left in their program as of Fall 2023
4. Candidates must meet the academic standards required by their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
5. Candidates must apply to a maximum of seven projects, with at least three of the chosen projects coming from different Canadian provinces.
6. Candidates must speak and write English or French (depending on the project) with ease.
being able to finish a 12-month internship.
- Keep in mind the following extra specifications for applicants from Tunisia:
Partners : Mediterranean Institute of Technology and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) of Tunisia (MedTech)
Requirements For Qualified Candidates
Candidates who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program (or an undergraduate/program) master’s and have one to three semesters left in their program as of Fall 2023 are eligible to apply.
Overall Grade Point Average
1. MHESR: 80%
2. 60% in MedTech
- MHESR : Engineering
- MedTech : Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Supply chain and Operations Management, Management, Business analytics, Data science, Social science and Humanitie
- MHESR: Applicants should be among the top 20% of their classes.
Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are now available at over 70 universities across Canada. Please refer to our list of academic partners for further details.
Excellent academic institutions, first-rate research infrastructure, cutting-edge business innovation, and unrivaled undergraduate training opportunities can all be found in Canada.
- 1. A 12-week internship that broadens your knowledge of and exposes you to practical research in the subject that you’re studying
- 2. Work with graduate students and research associates while being supervised by exceptional academic members.
- 3. Access to the applied, innovative, and dynamic research landscape of Canada
- 4. A fruitful experience that combines academic studies at a Canadian institution with training in professional skills and social activities
- 5. a chance for you to experience international travel and develop your independence in a new nation
- 6. The chance to get in touch with potential graduate advisers should you want to go back to Canada for graduation
- Visit this webpage