Brief Description About The Scholarship Donors
In honor of Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Stephan Klasen’s farewell lecture in 2019, the Faculty of Business and Economics launched the “Stephan Klasen Fellowship” in collaboration with the University of Göttingen’s Presidential Board and professorships in development economics. With this honor, the Faculty recognizes the development economist’s outstanding dedication to the field of development economics in Göttingen as a whole as well as to new researchers.
By developing many and cross-faculty collaborations and networks, Stephan Klasen has considerably increased the study of development economics in Göttingen and made it possible for interdisciplinary research to be conducted in this area. Today, Göttingen is the largest and most well-known destination in Germany for research on emerging nations. A pioneering junior professorship at the Faculty of Business and Economics has also been established by him. Two postdoctoral fellows will be welcomed to Göttingen each year beginning in 2021 for a one-year scientific exchange (no teaching required). The fellowship will be promoted each year.
Brief Description About The University Of Göttingen
Officially known as the Georg August Institution of Göttingen (German: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen; often referred to as Georgia Augusta), the University of Göttingen is a public research university in the German city of Göttingen. The Georgia Augusta was established in 1734 by George II, King of Great Britain and Elector of Hanover, and lessons began there in 1737 with the intention of advancing Enlightenment values. It has the most students and is the oldest university in the state of Lower Saxony, which
More Description About The University Of Göttingen
It serves as a symbol of one of Germany’s classic and historical institutions and is home to many well-known people. 44 Nobel Prize winners were associated with the University of Göttingen as alumni, faculty members, or researchers by that year alone, according to an official exhibition presented by the university in 2002.
The University of Göttingen has memberships in both the Coimbra Group of important European research universities and the U15 Group of significant German research universities. It was previously financed by the German Universities Excellence Initiative. The university also keeps close ties to important research institutions with Göttingen headquarters, like the Max Planck Society and the Leibniz Association. The Göttingen State and University Library is one of the largest libraries with over 9 million media pieces.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Scholarship Category :
Scholarship Institution :
- University of Göttingen
Nation For Learning :
University For Learning :
- University of Göttingen
Course To Study :
- Not Defined
- Men and Women
Application Deadline :
- October 31, 2022
The Benefits And The Mission Of The Scholarship
- 1. The fellowship comes with a monthly salary, child and family allowances, and, if necessary, a travel grant.
2. The scholarship amount is in accordance with the University of Göttingen’s scholarship giving policies, which are in turn based on German Research Foundation (DFG) policies.
3. To guarantee that recipients of scholarships can live comfortably in Göttingen, they are periodically adjusted based on cost of living.
Demands For The University Of Göttingen’s Stephan Klasen Fellowship Qualification
1. Candidates from low- and middle-income countries are welcome to apply, as listed on the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list at (http://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-financestandards/daclist.htm)
2. Prior to the start of the fellowship, candidates must also possess a PhD in development economics (or a related field). A female candidate will get at least one of the two fellowships.
3. Disabled people with comparable aptitude will be given preference.
Application Procedure For The Scholarship
Application documents include an academic CV, one publication or working paper, contact details of at least two academic references and a two-page research statement.
Applications should be submitted to :
For more details, visit :