The European University Institute (EUI), is the leading institute in Europe dedicated to social sciences and humanities. Founded in 1972 by the six original members of the then European Communities, the EUI has earned a reputation as a transnational hub of research and higher learning;
The EUI’s outstanding doctoral, postdoctoral, master and executive education programmes, combined with our vibrant community of more than 1000 scholars from over 60 countries, create an empowering, intellectual climate where students and researchers can contribute to the betterment of society.
Prof Renaud Dehousse, the President of the European University Institution, once said that ” the European University Institution, is perfectly placed to generate new insights that help our societies move forward.”
Each year, approximately 150 new PhD researchers embark on a research-intensive doctoral programme in our departments of Economics, History and Civilisation, Law, and Political and Social Sciences. The EUI is also home to the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSC), founded in 1992 to carry out research on the major issues facing Europe, and to bridge the world of academia and practice through interdisciplinary and applied research. The Max Weber Programme is the largest and most innovative international postdoctoral programme in the Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe. EUI offers approximately 60 fully-funded fellowships to qualified researchers worldwide working within or in related fields.
The Fellow will spend 5 months to 10 months at the STG, inspired and informed by her work experience to develop policy recommendations and practical solutions to pressing issues of transnational relevance. To do. In addition, scholarship holders are free to participate in EUI academics and activities to participate in professional skills training and enhance their scholarship projects. Together, grantees enrich the STG community by bringing first-hand experience to classrooms, training, and networking at schools.
This Fellowship Programme is held at one of Europe’s most prestigious academic institutions, this unique program provides grantees with an insight into the EU’s policy-making process. However, the program does not require an academic background, instead aiming to attract individuals from around the world with diverse practical experience in policy making. In addition to having direct access to the EUI and Transnational Governance School (STG) faculty and research communities, fellows learn from each other and establish lasting professional and personal connections
Be among the first to know whenever new The European University Institution Policy Leaders Fellowship is going on.
Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button
Like our website? https://schoolpursue.com
Scholarship Type : Postgraduates
Scholarship Organization : The European University Institution, EUI
Country To Study : Italy
Courses To study : Not Precise
Scholarship Gender : Women And Men
School To Study : The European University Institution,EUI
State Of Origin : Not Specified
Deadline Date : January / 25 / 2023
- The basic grant is €2,500 per month. Successful applicants receiving any other grant or salary must notify EUI.
- The amount of the subsidy will be set at a lower rate (at least €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of additional income (on submission of suitable evidence). Where applicable, family allowances are added to the basic scholarship.
- If the partner lives in Florence and the partner’s monthly income is less than her €2,000, a housekeeping allowance of up to €300 per month will be paid to the fellow together with the partner.
- The sum of your income and benefits should not exceed €2,000 per month (i.e. if your income exceeds €1,700, you will only receive benefits up to €2,000).
- A monthly allowance of EUR 200 is paid for each dependent child. Scholarship recipients declare that they have not received comparable benefits from another source and present supporting documents (marriage certificate, partner certificate, certificate of cohabitation in Florence, birth certificate, etc.) You are entitled to these benefits if you
- Her dependent children over the age of 18 who are in full-time education must have a school or college certificate. Dependent children over the age of 26 do not receive benefits.
- At the end of the Fellowship, Fellows (excluding family members) will be reimbursed for the cost of the return trip from the origin to Florence and the return trip to the destination.
1st class train (car travel is also reimbursed on this basis)
Eligibility Requirements For European University Institution Policy Leader Fellowship
- Open to mid-career professionals who can demonstrate solid professional experience (minimum of 10 years) and potential for future excellence in a particular policy area.
- Candidates with strictly academic profiles are generally not considered.
- Self-motivated and motivated, able to autonomously carry out activities presented as part of the grant work plan.
- An open-minded and inquisitive individual who is willing to participate in peer-her discussions on topics that may extend beyond her area of expertise.
European University Institution Policy Leader Fellowship Interview Dates, Schedule, And Venue For The Evaluation Criteria
- Achievements And Possibilities :
Professional excellence will be assessed based on the applicant’s contribution to specific policy areas, based on resume and other supporting evidence of the application. At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Focus Range :
Candidates’ areas of work should be broadly aligned with priority areas or initiatives and programs funded by the STG. Other subjects may also be considered, but preference will be given to applicants who cover STG faculty and program policy areas.
- Fellowship Activity Plan :
Applicants will be assessed on the technical content of their work plan, its feasibility, applicability in a cross-border policy context, and potential impact.
- Motivation :
Applicants should be able to articulate how the fellowship experience will make a difference in their career and what it can offer the STG. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to contribute to STG programs and activities and benefit from the STG and her stay at the EUI.
- Diversity :
The program aims for thematic and geographic diversity and a balanced male-to-female ratio among scholarship holders.
January 25, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to European University Institute (EUI) on apply.eui.eu to apply
Applications have to be submitted through the online application portal. Paper or email applications will not be considered. The application deadline for the 2023-2024 call is January 25, 2023 (14:00 CET).
- Register your application as soon as possible in order to give your referees sufficient time to submit the reference letters.
- Submit your application by the deadline.
Once you have registered your application you may continue to work on the application details and attachments until the deadline. After submission, it will not be possible to update or modify your application.